The Economist produced an excellent graphic on the contribution to global growth over the last 5 years. Points to note:
- World economy grew by 2.7% in early 2016
- Brazil, Russia, India and China contribution to global growth rose from 1.4% t0 1.6% over the last year
- Although Britain has contributed the most to GDP growth in the EU, the decision to leave the EU has forecasters predict that GDP in the Union will be 1% lower in 2018
- Emerging economies continue to dominate world growth and are essential for jobs etc.
- From growth of around 4.5% in 2010 the global economy has stuttered along reaching just over 2.5% in the first half of 2016