Remember the line in Monty Python movie ‘Life of Brian’, ‘What have the Romans ever done for us?’ This can be applied to the question of a British exit from the EU – ‘What has the EU ever done for us?’ Below is an informative video clip from the FT with a bit of humour. The questions in the Pub Quiz are:
- Which country I am describing in the year it joined the EU? Is the poorest European nation – incomes slipping behind its European competitors by £185 per year. Regular power cuts.
- In 2015 who was richer? The average person in German, France and Italy or England, Scotland and Wales?
- What caused Britain’s improved performance?
- How has Britain’s membership of the EU improved economic performance?
- Has the EU made Britain richer?
Basically the answers suggest that EU membership has been very beneficial to the British economy.